Monday 14 February 2022

Don't Give Up Your Day Job

 Salutations one and all. It's that time of the year when I put some pictures up of what I have been messing about with hobbywise, and this update is pretty diverse. So what have I been up to? Read on.....


Aeldari Stabber

With the sort of imminent publication of the Codex Craftworlds I made a little effort to complete a model that has been lurking round nearly done for some months. As the codex is supposed to contained rules for Ynnari as well, this guy has been drafted in to complete a unit of Witches. The remains of a Wild Rider trumpet lays at his feet meaning a) he has arrived to avenge some bumpkin Aeldari massacre, or b) he has just been converting some Exodite Aeldari on the benefits of the god of the dead, or c) he has taken exception to some Aeldari trumpeteer. In any case he is varnished up ready for action.

Ulthwe's finest.


Inquisitor Jao

Next is an Inquisitor in Terminator armour. Armed with some sort of super spook canon and a power/force axe he can spread the good news that all aliens species are surplus to requirements in the galaxy. I've been looking forward to playing a few games featuring the Inquisition using Astra Militarum to give someone a kicking so now I have him done I think I can play some nicely themed games.
 
Inquisitor Jao, he looks a bit like the geezer on the front of the Inquisitor novel.

Some Alien Whip Technician

I can't remember where I got this model (eBay probably) but I really like it. As far as I'm aware it's a hobgoblin from the early nineties. Very Oldhammer. Of course I put him on a round base so he's not going to be doing much Oldhammering. He's also turquoise, not a very hobgoblin shade. I'm going to use him as part of my Drukhari army as party of the Archon's retinue, probably counting as a Ur Ghul.

Halitosis the Whipmaster.


Stinky Pete

Here's something odd, a model on a square base. One of my favourite models from my Warhammer Fantasy Battle days. A Nurgle sorcerer. Probably not going to see much action in a chaos army, but might lurk in some rebel force as the nemesis of the Inquisition. 

I left the cock and balls emblem on his head as subtle as I could.

Stranger Things

Some time back I decided to create some mutants for Necromunda mainly but also if I made enough and entire 40K army. This was pretty ambitious and unrealistic but some of those eight or more year old conversions have finally born fruit (admittedly freaky fruit, but fruit nonetheless). So first is a mutant with a huge head and upper body with a more conventionally sized lower half. He could also pass for a carnival goer if ever I play a James Bond verses some evil henchmen in the Mardi Gras type game. Of course with this guy the easiest way to defeat him is to trip him up. once on his back I'd imagine a 15 minute time period would allow ample time to escape this top heavy brute.  He is made from the legs of a plastic Goliath model, two ogre arms and quite a bit of milliput and greenstuff. I also used my tentacle maker to give him neck horns. 
 
This guy has a killer headbutt

Subject #4594 was the outcome of a series of experiments to create an antidote for Spiker venom. As far as Ad-Mech genomancers can be, they are very pleased with the result. He is considered quite a success, inasmuch as he didn't fully metamorphosis into a Spiker plant. He has definitely taken on  some definitely Spiker type characteristics (able to fool humanoid detection devices and the ability to pass through death world plant infested areas unscathed). This chap is made from the legs of an old Bloodbowl human with the remainder comprising of a bit of a goliath arm, some greenstuff and more tenatcles from the aforementioned tentacle maker. I may use him as a Plant Liberation Organisation freedom fighter or a practitioner of human plant relations. 

Planty McPlantface

The last of my trio of weird as fuck mutant models is Dennis. In the Rogue Trader book there is a mutation called hopper. Basically having one leg. It reduced movement by 1" but other than that not really life changing except for having to wear kilts and sarongs a lot. For those interested the top half of a chaos centaur was given an Orlock autopistol arm and a massive milliput foot. In my defence this model was constructed well over 5 years ago, and I like to think I would make a much more elegant leg next time round. This guy will  be seeking employment in any renegade army that will have him and maybe as a cautionary tale on footwear  billboards around the Imperium. If the first mutants weakness is getting tripped up. this one has the opposite issue. 

Dennis the Hopper

Odd Alien Spear Holder Guy

Lastly is my Blind Beggar Miniatures model. I have backed a few of their kickstarters and this came as a freebie in one of them. I thought it might work as some kind of alien merc in a frontier world scenario where being an alien isn't a death sentence. Of course the model could also be a human with an elaborate helmet, so not as likely to be killed. Although frontier worlds are notoriously dangerous so there could be a crime of 'wearing a helmet in a built up area'. The punishment is obviously death. A bodyguard type job is also very likely for him. In any case some contrast paints, metallics and inks got the job done.

"Careful, you could have someone's eye out with that".

So that's all folks, until my next update, hobby responsibly, wear protection where necessary and try not to fall for any conspiracy theory pranks.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: