Friday 8 April 2022

Clan Skyre Evil Think Tank

 Evening all (or whatever time of the day this finds you). Something unusual this time, square bases and something Olde Worlde. Years ago, before the Games Workshop design studio took a big steaming dump on Warhammer Fantasy Battle I was a massive fan, in particular, I had (and still have) a soft spot for Skaven. Now it's been several years since I've played fantasy but a recent trip to my attic ended up with me bringing down some square based models to colour in. 

Warlock Engineers

Several years ago I purchased from EvilBay these two Warlock Engineers, devious, inventive and cheap they are great unit leaders for Skavenslaves to boost their leadership to nearly average levels. They can be equipped with a few nasty weapons and at 15 points Olde Moneye they were ideal sacrificial troops. Not sure when these were actually manufactured but they are brilliantly characterful models in particular the engineer that has a giant rat perched on his back seemingly wringing his paws together with glee!  

GW's dark Skaven transplant surgery period.


Poisoned Wind Globadier

This model literally took feck all time to paint as it is simple but still a very nice sculpt. The photo is a bit blurry but as I'm still nowhere near becoming a professional photographer it will have to do. I used the Warp Lightning paint for the globe (and a lot of other bits on these guys and it really does a fine job,
Furry McBlurry

Screaming Bell

One of my all time favourite models and also one of the greatest creations of the GW design team - the Screaming Bell. Of the many time I've used this beauty unpainted, it has done magnificent things. From  a turn one panicking Tyrion and his accompanying unit of Dragon Knights off the table to the time it detonated killing 70ish models to win me the game, it has always been entertaining. This isn't the first time I have finished it but an unfortunate blog post featuring Daemon Semen back many years ago put me off having a second go for yonks. Maturity and me taking a notion got it back on the painting bureau and brought back to life. This model is a bit of a hybrid as it was one of those undercoated black  with lots of dry brushing then inks were applied and then certain parts were then painted white with some contrast paints.

Liberal application of Warp Lightning again.

Ding Dong! Avon calling.


Ikit Claw

Ikit Claw is an example of some great rules and a very tasty model. Admittedly, the rules and game is now obsolete, but it was great at the time. He's one of those powerful spellcasters who is actually not bad in combat, a pretty alien concept in the skaven army. All he needs is a banner and he is completely done but certainly good enough for gaming,



So that's all for today. Hopefully these models might see some table time soon. Also in the pipeline is my original metal Verminlord and some Waywatchers. Unfortunately, summer is coming and I will probably have to venture outside a bit. So until the return of the blessed long evenings, hobby responsibly and look after yourselves.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: