Friday 25 February 2011

The Dirty Bastads

Well as I'm seriously into my gaming fad at the momment I went up into my loft and got my entire painted figure collection and put it on a large bookcase for me to look at, to tell the truth I had them in so many different containers, figure cases and jars that I really had no idea what I had. When I did look I was pleasantly surprised to see figures I just hadn't seen in years, plus a few I'd even forgotten I've painted!
Then I found out that the recent cold spell (it had gotten to -17C during December) had chilled the varnish on some of my figures. Whole areas of varnish had gone white. So that has pissed me off immensely and put me in a big sulk, on what should have been a beautiful unveiling ceremony! Looks like the bunting and flags will have to be put back into storage for another while.
I was just looking at the GW website and now they seem to be making stuff out of resign and calling it citadel finecast. Still very fucking pricey though, but then thats because I've been collecting since the late 80's and they used to be £2.99 for 5 (yes five) miniatures. So €22 for a single figure seems pretty fucked up to me. But then my whole anti GW rant is a whole new (and lengthy, venom filled wail about corporate retailing).
I see there is a button just below my blog that if you click I can become megafamous.
Go on, click it now!

No comments: