Friday 3 July 2015

Cheaphammer

€2.35 well spent


So I was in Spain on holiday and found a packet of plastic dinosaurs in the toy section. After a bit of umming and ahhing I decided my holiday funds could stretch to the €2.35 required. 

Thank you cheap Chinese shop in Spain

So part of my sticking it to the man plan is to proxy at least two of these models with a greenstuff makeover. The green Anklosaurus can be my Bastilodon. The pink Allosaurus (?) can be my Troglodon.

So arriving back to Ireland I measured my models to check the scale.

He's not going to stay pink

First off the Troglodon looks comparable with the old GW Carnosaur.

Neither will this guy stay so green!

The Bastilodon looks pretty close to the old Stegadon so it looks like I'm all set to spend the next few months trying to save myself €100+ ! With the added uncertainty about Age Of Sigmar I think €2.35 vs €100 is a worthwhile gamble.

Of course ability might not equal ambition but we will see.

2 comments:

DeanM said...

Nice dino's, and the price is great. I recently saw some really cool ones at a dollar store, but they didn't have pterosaurs, which is what I was looking for.

Jason F said...

A flock of Pterosaurs would've been another bargain, but it was the Bastiladon/Anklosaurus mash up I was most interested in.