Thursday 7 July 2022

Making My Wood Elves Shootier

 Greetings, hot on the heels of my WFB battle report I got my paint on to finish two units of my most randomly performing models in my Fantasy games ; Waywatchers. Most games they skulk around doing a bit of this and that but never really getting MVP awards back in Athel Loren.

I've always loved the idea of waywatchers, when the first wood elf army book came out around 1994, I got the book, plus a load of models and started painting. Of course, these models are more recent, I can still image these lads setting traps around their positions dissuading would be attackers.  

These three are from this millenium and I think I can use them as Waystalkers, if ever I have the need for three anyway.

Some older models. From eBay, I suspect the two with swords in the middle may be recasts as I had to do a bit of work on the misshapen sword tips.

The other five form a unit of 10 with green cloaks to represent a kindred from one of the more 'normal' parts of Athel Loren.

I painted a second unit using autumnal foliage as I thought the idea of a part of the Wood Elf realm that is constantly in autumn very appealing.

The remaining Waywatchers.


So that's all for this update, tune in next time when I may or may not have some Warhawks and Eagles finished.


Thanks for reading.