Thursday 25 May 2023

Eldar Pirates, Arrr!




Corsair Voidscarred.

Greetings. After a long lull in my painting, I've managed to get some shit done. Aeldari Voidscarred. no less, not the bespoke Kill team that recently came out but some severely mangled metal guardians that I had lying about. The cheap knock off Dremel was taken out of it's protective faux case, and heads were removed, the bits box was raided and voila! A fancy unit that can accompany (for now anyway) both Aeldari and Drukhari armies.

Felarch

First up is the leader with a slightly odd name. the model is an Aeldari Guardian model with a Drukhari helmet and a neuro disrupter from an old metal Solitaire. His sword arm is one half of a pair of Klaivex Demiklaives. I could give him a Faolchú which is Aeldari for falcon. Until then he shall be known as Faochúni the Half Klaivex.

Faochúni the Half Klaivex

Shade Runner & Grunt

Next is my Shade Runner and an ordinary pirate. The Shade Runner is kind of a Wych that got involved in thievery as far as I can tell, (I didn't read up on them so this is an educated stab in the dark). This is a bare headed guardian with a pair of Mirrorswords that I got from an eBay purchase. The other guy is an intact arm swapped Guardian. He has a Kabalite power sword and blast pistol (even though he's not allowed, but that's what living on the fringe of Aeldari society does for you).
 
Darkethá & Rebellious Zim

Grunt #2 & Way Seeker

Grunt #2 has a Kabalite helmet and has stolen a Lizardman shield to go with his power sword. I figure that his travels have taken him to some backwater planet where shields are still a thing and he's nabbed it. Of course he had to wade through dozens of primitive shield owners until he got the one he liked best.  The Way Seeker was a much more fiddly conversion as I had to line up two plastic arms with a metal Hellion glaive. A Scourge head with a Harlequin mask completes the ensemble. It also allows me to get psyker into my Drukhari armies. It's only for the Deny the Witch honest.
 
Gruchú the Saurian Slayer & Jolly Rójúú

Blaster & Wraithcannon Duo

Two more unpleasant weapons for my opponents to dislike, the Blaster is bare armed and wears the now unfashionable tanga brief mesh armour style. The Wraithcannon operator has possibly stolen it from a Fire Dragon Exarch and put some pretty feathers on his hat.

Erostika & Featherblite

 

Grunt #3 & Shredder

Lastly is a Shuriken rifle armed pirate who has spent a fortune getting it modified to look exactly like an ordinary shuriken catapult. To make him look less guardiany he has attached a wicked looking forearm blade to his left, er, forearm. Lastly is my cloaked Shredder girl. A Wych head and cloak makes her seem less like a conformist and more like a anarchistic she elf.

The Innocuous Pirate & Buini Bóyla


So this is what I done recently. I have a pirate with a sniper rifle to do and a Soul Weaver to create, in fact I might even go full retard and create a second unit. So until my next update, hobby responsibly and try not to misgender anyone maliciously.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: