Thursday 18 May 2017

My Shopping List in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future!

Having made a bit of cash via PayPal I'm eager to piss it away, but reluctant to at the same time. My reluctance is mainly because of the disgustingly huge pile of lead/plastic that inhabits my loft. So I think I will put together a post made up of stuff I want to buy but I can only get them if I paint something up beforehand. First up is this little beauty from Reaper miniatures; Doctor Totenkrantz, and absolute babe of a model (if you're into rotten old half dead mutant naked guys). I see him as being a rather tasty bad guy for my Inquisimunda games.



From Moonraker Miniatures comes some more Spacelords models, space craft crew. General standing around in the way types who will either aid or hinder good honest folk or get in the way of slavering maniacs (an end up as interesting costume jewelry for them). There are quite a few very nice models from that site and the prices are very reasonable too.

Pilot, cigar smoker, equipment carrier, doctor, poser and gawper.
Next up are some novelty items from Black Cat Bases firstly an old decrepit Bag Lady aided and abetted by her diseased cats. Either an undercover agent of the Imperium or a Slaaneshi cult leader who likes it dirty, you decide! 


Smelly Mable.

I also very much like this cat man holding an empty tray. A bit of magnetising and he can hold a severed head, esoteric weapons or a bunch of grapes. I see him as the snooty servant of some intergalactic crime kingpin, but for now he is just a dream........

Cuddles the butler.
Also from Black Cat Bases (there really is a massive range) are  Smoggers, a small alien race that look a bit moleish and can be seen painted up on  The Tales From The Maelstrom blog. The is around 20 different Smogger models and if I ever manage to wend my way through the many hundreds of unpainted 40K figures, a warband and scenario would be on the cards. I like the models very much, thick robes and rodent like teeth, ideal for representing Hrud in my semi regular games of Inquisimunda.

Proper Old School - Goblin Green Bases!
They also come with heavy weapons, so a small Imperial Guard vs the peace loving alien inhabitants of an idyllic planet is very much doable too! A one sided war of extermination seems like a laugh!

Rocket Launchers out for the lads!

From Lancer Miniatures come these techno apes, definitely not Jokaero. Nice sculpts and if I ever get round to enacting some of the old Rogue Trader scenarios, the one with Jokaero ravaging and imperial settlement for parts, these models seem to be excellent proxies rather than buying 7 or 8 of the single GW model.
Bracelets and strange shaped tools.
About to consider flinging faeces no doubt.

More bracelets, metal ones this time.
Blind Beggar Miniatures are where the next few bits I like are to be found. I have funded a couple of their kickstarters and I do like the models simplicity, as much as I like Games Workshop's highly detailed models with pouches, holsters and such coming out of the wazoos, it's nice to paint up a figure who isn't all filigree and lace, overlaid with ropes, chains and skulls. The first picture are Dune Tribesmen who are denizens of Blind Beggar's own setting Farport, I think. Anyway there is a passing resemblance to star Wars Sandpeople and for that reason they are on my 'to do' list.

Sandy cracks I bet.
Another Blind beggar treat is some multi species special force group also from Farport. Nice uncomplicated models, that may be purchased once the new 40K comes out and the fluff concedes that xenos and humans can get along and work together. Failing that this squad is a mercenary band who lives and works in some of the remoter parts of the galaxy.


The picture below has some cultists that - if ever I go the road of pulp gaming - would make a rather nifty collection of adversaries. as it stands now they can be chaos cultists without any leanings towards a particular deity. I really like the leader on the throne.


So that is part of my never ending list of things I wants to buy. With the new 40K supposedly around the corner and me ordering the Shadow War : Armageddon rulebook, my list is subject to change at a whim, the main reason I made this post was so that I didn't forget about Doctor Totenkrantz. So it will be interesting to see if any or all of these items remain unbought for the rest of the year.

Anyway thanks for reading.

No comments: