Thursday 10 October 2019

Painting by Witchcraft

Monopose models are not now the enemy!

Greetings. Today I am here to talk about Witchcraft, or to be more accurate, Citadel contrast paints. as an experiment I cought five or six colours that I thought would be useful, namely, Magus Purple, Ultramarine Blue, Skeleton Horde, Militarum Green and Snakebite Leather. I have also bought the contrast skin tone whose name escapes me at present but as I haven't used it yet isn't important. What is important is the Purestrain Genestealers I painted in probably 2 hours. I'm sure many people would do them in half that time but I'm a slow painter. The most exciting thing for me is the great results you can get in an acceptably achievable time. Makes me think I can actually finish my armies! Of course they're not golden demon standard, but I've never been within an asses roar of that anyhow.

Near the back on the right is a previously painted Purestrain. Took me four times as long and looks half as good!

So in keeping with the speed of the painting I will hit publish forthwith regardless of any little errors. Hopefully these miraculous little paints will  mean many more semi well painted models hitting blog posts and batreps in the near future!

Thanks for reading

5 comments:

Phil Curran said...

I have a large bag of these in the loft.

Frank O Donnell said...

I only painted my stealers a short time back Jason just before the release of these paints which I have not tried yet tbh, but a question for you do you need to use a certain spray with them ?

Jason F said...

I haven't used the official GW spray but I use a white primer and the effect was fine. I also used a grey primer that wasn't such a good effect. All the colours were very muted so it might be worth using the official GW grey. I know my painting speeds will shoot up though.

Darryl Hunt said...

They look smashing Jason, nicely done fella. Think I have about 20 + of these knocking about to paint, you may have inspired me!

Jason F said...

Thanks Darryl! They really are amazing paints. It will certainly cut down my painting time drastically. You should be able to knock out those twenty in no time,