Monday 1 January 2018

My First ever 2017 In Review Type Post

Well I've decided to write up a brief summary of all that happened in my little piece of hobby wonderland. Lots of other blogs have them so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.


The Revolving Door Of Gamers

Well my gaming group has had a constant core of about 6 gamers who over the last 5 or so years I've had the pleasure of cursing dice with. Stuart, Phil, Aaron, Shane and Pat. We lost Vinny last year to something called 'a better job'. We have also had some new arrivals, Billy the Ultramarine player, Dylan who is Crimson Fists and Death Guard and Alan who uses AdMech. 

Painting

2017 was a pretty productive year. 122 models finished. Mainly Imperial Guardsmen, with a smattering of Aeldari. I must admit it was very good for someone who struggles with the actual finishing of models. A big pat on the back for me. I did a quick total up of how many points it all comes to and it is 1161. I was going for any weird model that doesn't really fit into a specific army like the Star Lords civilians they get drafted into my Genestealer army as Hybrid Neophytes. Even the Werefox.

Gaming

So I think I've been tallying up my games, and I've had 5 games of Inquisimunda and 14 games of the new 40k. There is probably another one or two I may have forgotten, but a total of 19 games is pretty good for someone who used barely manage 1 a year. In both systems I've won more than I lost so that is something but for posterity it is Inquisimunda P5, W3, L2, D0 and 40K P14, W8, L5, D1. Here's to at least another 19 in 2018.

Scenery

I started many scenery projects but the only one I managed to fully complete is my six craters. They've had many guardsmen and other humanoids inside them so they really get around. Hopefully there will be a lot more to report in 2018, I have a public toilet, a hab unit and half a dozen other pieces to hopefully dazzle my readers with. 


Six craters to hunker down in.

As you can see the above craters have luminous pools of some undisclosed material in them. Are they lava? Toxic chemicals? Fanta? Each game will have a different possibility.

The Futures

 Dylan has mentioned a narrative campaign for the start of next year so that sounds like immense fun. The details have to be ironed out but hopefully it will be the sort of mayhem that makes for fun battles and fun battle reports to read.


My veterans for the Krablokistan 47th will hopefully be finished by the end of January.
Paintwise the Catachan's above are what I want to get finished first. Mainly going to use them as vets as there are plenty of meltas and a plasma gun in there, following that is my landing pad.


My Mantic budget Skyshield Landing Pad is hopefully getting used in a beautifully crafted Battle Report in the near future.
So all that's left for me is to wish everyone in plastic metal world a very Happy New Year and as much hobby as they can handle!

Thanks For Reading! 

No comments: