Monday 30 December 2013

And a ratty New Year

Just a quick entry to record my final painting spurt of the year and amazingly (for me anyway) to get over a hundred figures painted this year!

Clanrats! Eeek!
 First up, I painted two clanrats for my Screaming Bell unit. Yes two is a crappy number but it is merely to bring the unit size up to 39 (a multiple of 13) so it is finished for small gaming purposes. Of course the unit will need at least another 13 members but that's for another year.

The Septic Musk Gland
 Here are some of my newly finished Plague Monks, with painted banner. I was trying to come up with a cool name for them, to adequately put the fear of the Horned Rat into their enemies whilst instilling pride and not-running-awayness into those around them. Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything like that so my Plague Monks unit is now called The Septic Musk Gland.

More Septic Glands
Here are some more of the unit, including three monks who are so proud of their ailments that they have made little scrolls advertising the fact, so in order are Tail Pox, Pink Eye and Nose Rot. Plus friends.


Rats, rats, wonderful rats!
Lastly here are 38 giant rats. Giants Rats don't seem to get much love according to the internet, but I'm a big fan. About 18 of the above figures are 90's purchases that have seen extensive combat action and as a reward received some rebasing and touch ups. The newer ones are all pretty much battlefield virgins, and hopefully I can change that in the new year.


So anyhoo Happy New Year and may you exploit all your opponents weaknesses whilst rolling average dice!

No comments: